This has been an exhausting week, emotionally and physically, so today is a day to recuperate. I haven’t been able to write all week, and I need the time to put thoughts together and think things through, and this process of doing the Ten Things of Thankfulness seems like the perfect place to do it.
1) I am Thankful that I got my parents into a memory care place. I have a lot of concerns. I am concerned that they will not be able to handle my dad with his Parkinson-type of condition. I am concerned that my mom will continue to be mad and unhappy. I keep telling myself this is a process, but I continue to worry that I am making sure that things are handled.
2) I am very very Thankful for the job interview. I have not heard anything about the other potential job, so if I do get this, I will take it and be very grateful.
3) I am Thankful that the interview went well. The Principal and teacher seemed like people I could easily work with. I hope I managed to show my enthusiasm and ability to do the job.
4) I continue to be Thankful for my daughter and granddaughter. (Is that 2 numbers of thankfulness?) They continue to make me smile.
5) I am thankful that my daughter seems to be a strong person, able to express her feelings to her boyfriend about what she needs to have done. The situation they are in is not the best. It isn’t terrible, but there are some changes that need to happen.
6) Even though my dear husband has been driving me slightly nuts this week, going through things at my parents house, I am grateful that he was able to help with this move. It took a lot of help, and I don’t know what I would have done, by myself. I received no help from my sisters. I know they live a long way away, but there was little done to help.
7) One of the questions on my job interview this week, was what had I done lately in a professional way to improve or add to my skills. So, I have to say, I am grateful to this blog and again to Erin for getting me going. I said, “Well, I have started to blog. You know how you always try to start a diary and it goes nowhere? Well, this is another attempt, but with getting responses, it is much more encouraging and is a way I am working on improving my skills.” So thank you blog buddies !
8) I am so grateful for the care of my parents main caregiver. I just received a call, and she is handling so much of what I would have to have done, but in a much better way than I could.
9) I am grateful of the friendship of a certain person. We have been friends for 30 years, and she is back in town for a few months. We are planning our day at the farmers market and getting an omelet tomorrow. That will be so good for both of us.
10) Today is a day to recuperate. I am glad I have some time to myself, just to let my brain rest. That is my ten things of thankfulness for today. Now it really is time to rest, even if that rest means getting some laundry done, and a couple of errands.